UPDATE 1-Toshiba Medical to buy Vital Images for $273 mln
* To pay $18.75 per Vital Images share
* Deal to close by Q3 (Follows alerts)
APRIL 27 - Toshiba Medical Systems Co, a unit of Toshiba Corp , will buy Vital Images Inc for $273 million in cash to boost its business of providing imaging informatics to healthcare professionals, the companies said.
Vital Images' shareholders will receive $18.75 in cash for each share held.
The deal is expected to close by the third quarter.
Vital Images provides visualization and analysis software for physicians and healthcare specialists.
Morgan Stanley & Co acted as financial adviser to Toshiba Medical while Vital Images was advised by Piper Jaffray & Co.
Shares of Vital Images closed at $14.18 on Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Kavyanjali Kaushik in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data