Best Buy® To Offer Free Smart Phones This Friday (and Saturday)
Promotion offers customers the choice of free smart phones across three major carriers with a two-year activation
MINNEAPOLIS, April 28, 2011 - Best Buy Mobile, the mobile specialty retail unit of Best Buy Co. Inc. (NYSE: BBY), today announced it is bringing back 'Free Phone Friday' and extending it an extra day. This Friday and Saturday only, Best Buy Mobile will feature three free mobile phones across three major carriers, including Android and BlackBerry options, in all Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile specialty stores, as well as online at BestBuy.com/Mobile.
Best Buy will feature the following phones for free on Friday, April 29 through Saturday, April 30:
- Samsung Fascinate (Verizon)
- BlackBerry Curve 3G (Sprint)
- Samsung Captivate (AT&T)
"We've had tremendous success with the 'Free Phone Friday' campaigns we ran last October and December, and we've been waiting for the opportunity to do it again with a great lineup of in-demand phones," said Scott Moore, vice president of Marketing for Best Buy Mobile. "We've worked hard to make it as easy as possible for people to find the smart phone that's right for them with the most smart phones under one roof, exclusives and expert advice, and this is just one more reason to visit Best Buy Mobile."
The free phones require new or upgrade activation with two-year agreement and minimum quantities will vary by store. There are no price matches and the offer is not valid on prior purchases.
Best Buy Mobile has rapidly become a leading destination for mobile technology purchases with the most smart phones under one roof, and one of the largest selections of carriers, handsets and accessories available anywhere. In addition, Best Buy Mobile offers an array of services aimed at improving the mobile phone buying experience, including:
- Upgrade Checker: A quick and easy service that gives customers the ability to see when they are eligible for their next phone upgrade. When the upgrade time is nearing, customers receive a complimentary reminder call, e-mail or text message.
- Walk Out Working(TM): Free in-store smart phone setup by a Best Buy Mobile Phone Specialist who will sync personal email accounts, set up Bluetooth headsets, transfer contacts and activate other services to allow the customer to leave the store with a fully functional new smart phone.
About Best Buy Mobile
Best Buy Mobile was founded in 2006 with a goal of changing the way consumers shop for and purchase mobile phones in America. Today, Best Buy Mobile is in every Best Buy store and also has 157 Best Buy Mobile specialty stores around the country. Best Mobile features one of the largest selections of carriers, handsets and accessories available anywhere. Employees undergo at least 80 hours of intensive training, as well as continuing education on mobile phone technology and trends to help customers get the most of their mobile phones. For more information about Best Buy Mobile visit www.bestbuy.com/mobile or www.bestbuymobile.com.
About Best Buy Co., Inc.
With operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, China and Mexico, Best Buy is a multinational retailer of technology and entertainment products and services with a commitment to growth and innovation. The Best Buy family of brands and partnerships collectively generates more than $50 billion in annual revenue and includes brands such as Best Buy, Audiovisions, Best Buy Mobile, The Carphone Warehouse, Five Star, Future Shop, Geek Squad, Magnolia Audio Video, Napster, Pacific Sales, and The Phone House. Approximately 180,000 employees apply their talents to help bring the benefits of these brands to life for customers through retail locations, multiple call centers and Web sites, in-home solutions, product delivery and activities in our communities. Community partnership is central to the way Best Buy does business. In fiscal 2011, the company donated approximately $25 million to improve the vitality of the communities where its employees and customers live and work. For more information about Best Buy, visit www.bby.com.
Media Contact: Jeremy Baier
Best Buy Public Relations
(612) 291-4812 or email@example.com
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Best Buy Co. Inc. via Thomson Reuters ONE
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media