UPDATE 1-Total to take majority stake in SunPower
* Total to launch tender for 60 pct of SunPower shares
* Will pay $23.25 a share
LOS ANGELES, April 28 (Reuters) - French energy company Total SA (TOTF.PA) said it would take a majority stake in U.S. solar company SunPower Corp SPWRA.O.
In a joint statement, the companies said Total would launch a tender offer for up to 60 percent of SunPower's outstanding Class A common shares and 60 percent of its Class B common shares for $23.25 a share.
The price represents a 46 percent premium over SunPower's April 27 closing price, the companies said. SunPower shares closed at $16.12 Thursday on the Nasdaq. The stock was halted in extended trading. (Reporting by Nichola Groom; and Andre Grenon)
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data