UPDATE 1-Total to take majority stake in SunPower
* Total to launch tender for 60 pct of SunPower shares
* Will pay $23.25 a share
LOS ANGELES, April 28 (Reuters) - French energy company Total SA (TOTF.PA) said it would take a majority stake in U.S. solar company SunPower Corp SPWRA.O.
In a joint statement, the companies said Total would launch a tender offer for up to 60 percent of SunPower's outstanding Class A common shares and 60 percent of its Class B common shares for $23.25 a share.
The price represents a 46 percent premium over SunPower's April 27 closing price, the companies said. SunPower shares closed at $16.12 Thursday on the Nasdaq. The stock was halted in extended trading. (Reporting by Nichola Groom; and Andre Grenon)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats