Korean lender A&P Financial agrees to buy Takefuji
TOKYO, April 28
TOKYO, April 28 (Reuters) - Korean consumer lender A&P Financial has agreed to buy failed Japanese consumer lender Takefuji Corp, Takefuji said.
Seoul-based A&P Financial will start turning around Takefuji's business in Japan, which was squeezed by a government order to repay overcharged interest to its customers.
A&P Financial was chosen out of a field of bidders that included Cerberus Capital Management , TPG and Japan's J Trust , according to sources with knowledge of the matter.
(Reporting by Junko Fujita)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |