Factbox: The royal wedding reception
(Reuters) - Some 650 guests attended a reception at Queen Elizabeth's Buckingham Palace residence following the wedding of Britain's Prince William to Kate Middleton in London on Friday.
Here are details of the reception.
* The guests were served Pol Roger NV Brut Reserve Champagne along with other soft and alcoholic drinks.
* About 10,000 canapes were made by a team of 21 chefs at the palace using produce sourced from Royal Warrant holding companies using British-based ingredients. They included:
Cornish Crab Salad on Lemon Blini
Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney
Roulade of Goats Cheese with Caramelised Walnuts
Assortment of Palmiers and Cheese Straws
Scottish Smoked Salmon Rose on Beetroot Blini
Miniature Watercress and Asparagus Tart
Poached Asparagus spears with Hollandaise Sauce for Dipping
Quails' Eggs with Celery Salt
Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork Belly with Crayfish and Crackling
Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson
Bubble and Squeak with Confit Shoulder of Lamb
Grain Mustard and honey-glazed Chipolatas
Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole
Miniature Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Fillet of Beef and Horseradish Mousse
Blood Orange Pate de Fruit
Rhubarb Creme Brulee Tartlet
Passion Fruit Praline
White Chocolate Ganache Truffle
Milk Chocolate Praline with Nuts
Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle
* At the reception, a traditional wedding cake, designed by Fiona Cairns, will be served. It was made from 17 individual fruit cakes, 12 of which form the base, and has eight tiers. There are up to 900 individually iced flowers and leaves of 17 different varieties decorated on the cake.
There will also be a chocolate biscuit cake created by Mcvitie's Cake Company using a Royal Family recipe at the special request of Prince William.
* During the reception the guests will be entertained by Claire Jones, the official Harpist to William's father Prince Charles.
(Reporting by Michael Holden, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge