- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Man dies in Connecticut after being shot with stun gun
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A man died in police custody early on Sunday in Connecticut after he was shot with a stun gun in the back of a squad car, authorities said.
The incident began just after midnight in the lobby of St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury, when police received a report of a man creating a disturbance.
Waterbury police said they arrested the man and placed him in the back of a police cruiser. He continued to be combative and was shot with a Taser stun gun, police said.
He became unresponsive and was taken into the hospital, where he died after attempts to resuscitate him failed, police said.
His identity has not been released.
State police and the state attorney's office were investigating, and an autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.
A St. Mary's Hospital spokesman would not comment on the incident and referred all questions to Waterbury police.
(Reporting by Mary Ellen Godin in Meriden, Conn.; Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this