Libya denies command center was hit in Saturday strike
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - Libya's government denied on Sunday there were command and control facilities in a Tripoli neighborhood where NATO airstrikes killed a son of Muammar Gaddafi and three of his grandchildren.
Deputy Foreign Minister Khaled Kaim said the attack was the fourth attempt to assassinate Gaddafi, who was in the building at the time.
Kaim also denied allegations that appeared in some media that the government had fabricated the deaths and said church leaders in Libya had been allowed to see the bodies in the hospital.
(Reporting by Lin Noueihed, Editing by Matthew Jones)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official