Russia welcomes killing of bin Laden - agencies
MOSCOW May 2 (Reuters) - Russia on Monday welcomed the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. special forces in Pakistan.
"Revenge is inescapable for all terrorists," news agencies quoted the Kremlin press service as saying in a statement.
"Only a joint struggle against global terrorism can bring a result," the statement added. "Russia ready to increase its cooperation." (Reporting by Douglas Busvine, Editing by Vladimir Soldatkin and Jon Boyle)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia