Bin Laden hid behind women in firefight: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden tried to hide behind women as U.S. special forces attacked his compound in Pakistan Monday and one died being used as a human shield, the White House said.
White House counter terrorism chief John Brennan also told reporters that it had not yet been determined if a photograph of bin Laden's corpse would be released to the media.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details