U.S. believes Osama bin Laden son also killed in raid
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States believes that three adults besides Osama bin Laden were killed in Sunday's raid in Pakistan and that one of the dead was an adult son of bin Laden, a senior Obama administration official said.
An official also said bin Laden's death puts al Qaeda on a path of decline that will be difficult to reverse.
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine