Australia central bank keeps rates at 4.75 pct
SYDNEY May 3 (Reuters) - Australia's central bank on Tuesday kept its main cash rate steady at 4.75 percent in a widely expected decision, though risks are growing it will have to move later in the year to keep inflation restrained amid a massive trade and mining boom.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) made the announcement following its monthly policy meeting. For text of the statement see: [ID:nEMS51RNA1]
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work