UK arrests 5 under security law near nuclear site
LONDON May 3 (Reuters) - Police said on Tuesday they had arrested five men close to the Sellafield nuclear reprocessing plant in northwest England under counter-terrorism laws.
Cumbria police said the men were arrested on Monday after officers conducted a stop check on a vehicle near the site.
The men are all aged in their 20s and from London, police said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe