First Financial agrees not to pay dividends
WASHINGTON May 3 (Reuters) - First Financial Service Corp (FFKY.O) of Elizabethtown, Kentucky, has entered into an agreement with U.S. regulators to take steps to strengthen its capital position, the Federal Reserve said on Tuesday.
First Financial, which owns First Federal Savings Bank, will not be allowed to pay any dividends under the agreement unless it receives approval from the Fed.
The bank will have to submit a plan to the Fed within 60 days detailing how it will maintain a sufficient amount of capital going forward. (Reporting by Dave Clarke, Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease