UPDATE 1-Car explodes in rebel stronghold Benghazi
BENGHAZI, Libya May 3 (Reuters) - A car blew up in the eastern rebel stronghold of Benghazi on Tuesday, residents said.
Rebel military spokesman Ahmed Bani said it was not immediately clear whether the explosion was a deliberate attack or an accident.
A witness said one person suffered minor injuries, but there were no reports of casualties.
The explosion took place near the city's courthouse, where supporters of the rebel movement often congregate.
Reuters correspondents at the scene saw the wreckage of a car and police trying to push crowds away.
(Reporting by Deepa Babington)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |