UPDATE 1-Car explodes in rebel stronghold Benghazi
BENGHAZI, Libya May 3 (Reuters) - A car blew up in the eastern rebel stronghold of Benghazi on Tuesday, residents said.
Rebel military spokesman Ahmed Bani said it was not immediately clear whether the explosion was a deliberate attack or an accident.
A witness said one person suffered minor injuries, but there were no reports of casualties.
The explosion took place near the city's courthouse, where supporters of the rebel movement often congregate.
Reuters correspondents at the scene saw the wreckage of a car and police trying to push crowds away.
(Reporting by Deepa Babington)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls