U.S. attorney general: bin Laden operation lawful
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Attorney General Eric Holder defended as lawful on Tuesday the U.S. operation to go into Pakistan that resulted in the death of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the taking of his body.
The acts taken were "lawful, legitimate and appropriate in every way. The people who were responsible for that action, both in the decision making and the effecting of that decision, handled themselves I think quite well," Holder told the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team