UPDATE 1-Record-breaking Rightmove says confident for 2011
* Says strong start to 2011 has continued
* Confident of meeting its full-year targets
(Adds details, quote)
LONDON, May 4 (Reuters) - British property website Rightmove (RMV.L)said on Wednesday it had maintained its strong start to the year as home hunters flocked to its site in record levels, with lettings and new property developments popular.
The company said the average revenue per advertiser had grown strongly and was in line with its target of achieving an increase in the region of 60 pounds for 2011 on the 2010 average of 379 pounds per month.
The overall number of advertisers at the end of March was up 0.7 percent since December 2010 and growth continued in April, due to a modest increase in the number of lettings-only agents and new home developments.
"Subject to there being no further decline in the UK housing market, the board remains confident of meeting its expectations as communicated at the full year results," it said. Rightmove has grown rapidly since launching 10 years ago, as the vast majority of Britain's estate agents use the site.
It said page impressions on the Rightmove.co.uk website during the first three months were up around 15 percent on the same period a year ago and it has exceeded its busiest ever day, prior to 2011, on many days this year. (Reporting by Kate Holton; editing by Neil Maidment)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients