UPDATE 1-Western plans full turnaround at Gallup in Q3
(Adds details, quarterly performance)
NEW YORK, May 5 (Reuters) - Western Refining Inc (WNR.N) said Thursday that it planned a full turnaround at its 40,000 barrel-per-day Gallup, New Mexico, refinery in the third quarter.
For 2012, Western Refining has no maintenance planned for either the Gallup or El Paso refineries, company officials said during a quarterly earnings call.
Refinery outages hurt Western's first-quarter profit, which was about 50 percent below market estimates. [ID:nL3E7G523J]
Western will complete planned maintenance on a reformer at Gallup by mid-May.
Western is regenerating the catalyst used in the reformer, a unit that uses naphtha as a feedstock to produce gasoline and hydrogen. The hydrogen is used in other processes in the refinery.
(Reporting by Jeffrey Kerr; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |