UPDATE 1-Honda to sell natural-gas-fuelled car across U.S. - Nikkei
May 6 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said it has decided to market its natural-gas-powered car, Civic GX, in the United States, starting this fall, the Nikkei business daily said.
The automaker, which currently offers the car in four American states, has decided to market the natural gas vehicle nationwide because of the heightened interest in environmental cars in the country, the paper said.
Once the car is released, dealers across the U.S. will carry it, the business daily said.
Natural-gas-propelled cars are seen by some as greener than all-electric vehicles, as the latter charge their batteries using electricity often generated by fossil fuel-fired power plants. (Reporting by Vaishnavi Bala in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |