UPDATE 1-Honda to sell natural-gas-fuelled car across U.S. - Nikkei
May 6 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said it has decided to market its natural-gas-powered car, Civic GX, in the United States, starting this fall, the Nikkei business daily said.
The automaker, which currently offers the car in four American states, has decided to market the natural gas vehicle nationwide because of the heightened interest in environmental cars in the country, the paper said.
Once the car is released, dealers across the U.S. will carry it, the business daily said.
Natural-gas-propelled cars are seen by some as greener than all-electric vehicles, as the latter charge their batteries using electricity often generated by fossil fuel-fired power plants. (Reporting by Vaishnavi Bala in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park