US missile strike kills 8 suspected militants in Pakistan
MIRANSHAH, Pakistan May 6 (Reuters) - U.S. drone aircraft fired missiles into a house in Pakistan's North Waziristan region on Friday, killing at least eight suspected militants, local intelligence officials said.
It was the first U.S. drone strike in Pakistan since U.S. forces killed Osama bin Laden in a commando raid not far from Islamabad on May 2, straining ties between the strategic allies. (Reporting by Haji Mujtaba, Writing by Zeeshan Haider; editing by Michael Georgy and Sanjeev Miglani)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994