US missile strike kills 8 suspected militants in Pakistan
MIRANSHAH, Pakistan May 6 (Reuters) - U.S. drone aircraft fired missiles into a house in Pakistan's North Waziristan region on Friday, killing at least eight suspected militants, local intelligence officials said.
It was the first U.S. drone strike in Pakistan since U.S. forces killed Osama bin Laden in a commando raid not far from Islamabad on May 2, straining ties between the strategic allies. (Reporting by Haji Mujtaba, Writing by Zeeshan Haider; editing by Michael Georgy and Sanjeev Miglani)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |