Syrian forces arrest opposition leader Seif -daughter
AMMAN May 6 (Reuters) - Syrian security forces arrested Opposition leader Riad Seif at a pro-democracy demonstration in the Midan district of Damascus, his daughter and human rights campaigners said.
"My father was shoved into a bus with other protestors who were detained during the demonstration near the al-Hassan mosque," Jumana Seif told Reuters.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; Editing by Peter Graff)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote