REFILE-UPDATE 1-Sotheby's Q1 profit misses street
(Refiles to fix company name in headline)
* Q1 EPS $0.03 vs est $0.04
* Q1 rev up 17 pct at $119.6 mln vs est $119.5 (Follows alerts)
May 9 (Reuters) - Auction house Sotheby's quarterly profit missed analysts' expectations, hurt by a decline in auction commission margins and an increase in operating expenses.
The auctioneer, which competes with privately held Christie's, reported a net income of $2.4 million, or 3 cents a share, up from a loss of $2.2 million, or 3 cents a share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 17 percent to $119.6 million.
Analysts had expected earnings of 4 cents a share, on revenue of $119.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sotheby's shares closed at $46.54 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Arpita Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official