Merkel: need EU/IMF findings to comment on Greece
BERLIN May 10 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Tuesday she needed to see the findings of the current mission to Athens by the EU and IMF to check its progress on reforms before deciding on easing bailout terms for Greece.
"I need to analyse the findings of the European Central Bank, European Commission and International Monetary Fund first and I can't comment before that," she told correspondents in Berlin. "Anything else would not help Greece or Europe."
(Reporting by Stephen Brown)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |