Merkel: need EU/IMF findings to comment on Greece
BERLIN May 10 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Tuesday she needed to see the findings of the current mission to Athens by the EU and IMF to check its progress on reforms before deciding on easing bailout terms for Greece.
"I need to analyse the findings of the European Central Bank, European Commission and International Monetary Fund first and I can't comment before that," she told correspondents in Berlin. "Anything else would not help Greece or Europe."
(Reporting by Stephen Brown)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |