Lady Gaga heads to Farmville with "Born This Way"
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Lady Gaga is making her way to the popular online social game Farmville, game developer Zynga and Clear Channel Radio said on Tuesday.
From May 17 to 26, the 46 million monthly players of Farmville -- who manage a virtual farm where they harvest crops and raise livestock -- will get a neighboring farm called Gagaville.
It's all in anticipation of the May 23 release of Gaga's latest album, "Born This Way."
Incorporating key themes and story lines from the upcoming album, Farmville players who execute Gaga-themed quests in Gagaville will unlock Clear Channel's digital radio service, iHeartRadio, enabling them to stream select songs from "Born This Way" exclusively in Farmville six days before the general public.
Additionally, Gaga will announce codes that unlock Lady Gaga-inspired limited edition virtual items on 148 Clear Channel radio stations in the United States on May 17.
"Born This Way" has already spawned two singles, including the title track and the recently released "Judas."
(Reporting by Zorianna Kit; Editing by Jill Serjeant)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions