UPDATE 1-Canadian Tire profit rises with retail sales
TORONTO May 12 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp (CTC.TO) (CTCa.TO), which is buying Forzani Group Ltd FGL.TO for C$771 million, reported a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by retail sales growth.
First-quarter earnings rose to C$58.4 million, or 71 Canadian cents a share, from C$51.6 million, or 63 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 5 percent to C$1.98 billion. Total retail sales rose 3.7 percent. (Reporting by S. John Tilak)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |