Sony says to begin restoration of PlayStation network on Sunday
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony said it would begin a phased restoration of its PlayStation Network on Sunday on a country by country basis.
The company said in a news release it expects the restoration to be complete by May 31.
The PlayStation Network, which enables PlayStation games console owners to download games and pit their skills against rivals, has been offline since April 19, after Sony discovered hackers had breached security and accessed personal details on 77 million accounts.
The company said phased restoration of Sony Online Entertainment PC-based online games service would also begin on Sunday.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source