Strauss-Kahn to be charged within the hour-NYPD
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department anticipates charging IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment within the hour, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
"We anticipate he is going to be formally arrested and charged in an hour," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said around 11:15 p.m. EDT (0315 GMT Sunday).
"He will be charged with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment."
Strauss-Kahn was taken into custody at JFK airport earlier on Saturday over an alleged sexual assault of a hotel maid in New York City.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media