Strauss-Kahn to be charged within the hour-NYPD
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department anticipates charging IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment within the hour, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
"We anticipate he is going to be formally arrested and charged in an hour," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said around 11:15 p.m. EDT (0315 GMT Sunday).
"He will be charged with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment."
Strauss-Kahn was taken into custody at JFK airport earlier on Saturday over an alleged sexual assault of a hotel maid in New York City.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |