Strauss-Kahn to be charged within the hour-NYPD
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - The New York Police Department anticipates charging IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment within the hour, a police spokesman said on Saturday.
"We anticipate he is going to be formally arrested and charged in an hour," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said around 11:15 p.m. EDT (0315 GMT Sunday).
"He will be charged with a criminal sexual act, attempted rape and unlawful imprisonment."
Strauss-Kahn was taken into custody at JFK airport earlier on Saturday over an alleged sexual assault of a hotel maid in New York City.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans