Army shelling of Syrian town kills 7 civilians-group
AMMAN May 15 (Reuters) - At least seven Syrian civilians were killed on Sunday when Syrian troops shelled the town of Tel Kelakh near the border with Lebanon to quell a pro-democracy uprising, an activists' protest group said.
The shelling concentrated on al-Burj, Ghalioun, Souk and Mahata neighbourhood, the Local Coordination Committees said in a statement. (Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Gaza rockets land deep in Israel as it bombards Palestinian enclave |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Both candidates in Indonesia election claim victory; Jokowi ahead in more counts |
- Argentina, Netherlands set for battle, Brazil wonders what happened
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin gets 10 years in corruption case