Pakistan army says senior a Qaeda operative held in Karachi
KARACHI May 17 (Reuters) - Pakistani security forces have arrested a senior al Qaeda Yemeni operative in the southern city of Karachi, the military said on Tuesday.
The army identified the man as Muhammad Ali Qasim, alias Abu Shoaib al Makki, and said he had been "working directly under al Qaeda leaders along (the) Pak-Afghan border".
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions