What's not to Like? Baby named after Facebook button
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Inspired by Facebook, a couple in central Israel have named their baby daughter "Like."
"It's short and sweet," Vardit Adler, Like's mother, told Reuters on Tuesday. "It's very important to me and to my husband that the names we give our children are unique, creative and totally new," she said.
Six-day-old Like has two older sisters, 10-year-old Dvash, Hebrew for honey, and five-year-old Pie, "as in apple pie," Adler said.
"I'm not worried about other children teasing Like. Dvash and Pie don't seem to mind their special names and nobody teases them," Adler said.
Surprised by media attention her newborn daughter was getting in Israel, Adler noted that Like has already received hundreds of comments on her own Facebook page (here).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor