What's not to Like? Baby named after Facebook button
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Inspired by Facebook, a couple in central Israel have named their baby daughter "Like."
"It's short and sweet," Vardit Adler, Like's mother, told Reuters on Tuesday. "It's very important to me and to my husband that the names we give our children are unique, creative and totally new," she said.
Six-day-old Like has two older sisters, 10-year-old Dvash, Hebrew for honey, and five-year-old Pie, "as in apple pie," Adler said.
"I'm not worried about other children teasing Like. Dvash and Pie don't seem to mind their special names and nobody teases them," Adler said.
Surprised by media attention her newborn daughter was getting in Israel, Adler noted that Like has already received hundreds of comments on her own Facebook page (here).
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports