- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
Russia arrests man who ate human liver with potatoes
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian police said on Tuesday they had detained a man who was caught eating an acquaintance's liver.
Police tracked down the suspect after a trail of severed body parts including limbs and a head were found across Moscow.
"When the police came to arrest the suspect, he was eating a human liver with potatoes," a police spokeswoman for the Moscow's western district said by telephone.
The rest of the human liver was found in a refrigerator in the suspect's flat. The police spokeswoman said the cause of the acquaintance's death was not clear.
The suspect "admitted his crime and that he had eaten part of his acquaintance's liver," the prosecutor general's main investigative unit said in a statement.
(Reporting by Tatiana Ustinova and Guy Faulconbridge; Editing by Peter Graff)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this