UPDATE 1-Liberty Media offers $1 billion for Barnes & Noble
NEW YORK May 19 (Reuters) - Barnes & Noble Inc (BKS.N) said John Malone's Liberty Media Corp (LINTA.O) has proposed buying the largest U.S. bookstore chain for $1.02 billion.
Liberty Media has offered $17 per share, a 20.5 percent premium over Barnes & Noble's closing share price on Thursday. Barnes & Noble said the offer has not yet been evaluated by its special committee.
Barnes & Noble put itself up for sale last August saying its shares were undervalued.
- British Muslim calls for action on jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Stocks extend rally, S&P hits new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |