China Mobile says looking at buying opportunities in Asia emerging mkts
HONG KONG May 19 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd , the world's largest mobile operator by market value, said on Thursday that it is seeking acquisition opportunities in Asian emerging markets, including Myanmar.
The company would not issue new shares should it decide to list A-shares in China, Chairman Wang Jianzhou told reporters after a shareholders' meeting.
The mobile carrier, which had more than 600 million users, in April posted a 5.4 percent rise in first-quarter net profit to 26.9 billion yuan ($4.1 billion).
Like peers China Unicom and China Telecom Corp Ltd , China Mobile has been trying to reverse a decline in average revenue per user (ARPU) by seeking to attract more users to its value-added mobile services. (Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Islamic state issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |