China Mobile says looking at buying opportunities in Asia emerging mkts
HONG KONG May 19 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd , the world's largest mobile operator by market value, said on Thursday that it is seeking acquisition opportunities in Asian emerging markets, including Myanmar.
The company would not issue new shares should it decide to list A-shares in China, Chairman Wang Jianzhou told reporters after a shareholders' meeting.
The mobile carrier, which had more than 600 million users, in April posted a 5.4 percent rise in first-quarter net profit to 26.9 billion yuan ($4.1 billion).
Like peers China Unicom and China Telecom Corp Ltd , China Mobile has been trying to reverse a decline in average revenue per user (ARPU) by seeking to attract more users to its value-added mobile services. (Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Chris Lewis)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |