Europe should jointly promote an IMF candidate-Lagarde
PARIS May 19 (Reuters) - Europe should make a joint suggestion for a new head for the International Monetary Fund, after Dominique Strauss-Kahn's resignation on Thursday, French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde said.
"Any candidacy, whichever it is, must come from Europeans jointly, all together," Lagarde told reporters, adding: "Any candidacy should have European support." (Reporting by Jean-Baptiste Vey and Lionel Laurent; Writing by Catherine Bremer)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |