RPT-Kazakh finmin says mulling $500 mln sukuk issue
ASTANA May 19 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan is considering issuing sovereign sukuk worth at least $500 million, Finance Minister Bolat Zhamishev said on Thursday.
"We are looking to issue Islamic bonds in order to fix a benchmark, but the prospects for this will depend on the market," Zhamishev said on the sidelines of an economic conference in Astana.
"In order to fix a benchmark, below $500 million is not usually recommended... We are not going to rush." (Reporting by Robin Paxton; writing by Michael Winfrey)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- California governor rejects bills to help men change diapers