RPT-Kazakh finmin says mulling $500 mln sukuk issue
ASTANA May 19 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan is considering issuing sovereign sukuk worth at least $500 million, Finance Minister Bolat Zhamishev said on Thursday.
"We are looking to issue Islamic bonds in order to fix a benchmark, but the prospects for this will depend on the market," Zhamishev said on the sidelines of an economic conference in Astana.
"In order to fix a benchmark, below $500 million is not usually recommended... We are not going to rush." (Reporting by Robin Paxton; writing by Michael Winfrey)
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |