RPT-Kazakh finmin says mulling $500 mln sukuk issue
ASTANA May 19 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan is considering issuing sovereign sukuk worth at least $500 million, Finance Minister Bolat Zhamishev said on Thursday.
"We are looking to issue Islamic bonds in order to fix a benchmark, but the prospects for this will depend on the market," Zhamishev said on the sidelines of an economic conference in Astana.
"In order to fix a benchmark, below $500 million is not usually recommended... We are not going to rush." (Reporting by Robin Paxton; writing by Michael Winfrey)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image