Hyundai Motor to launch a plug-in hybrid to challenge Prius in 2013-official
SEOUL May 24 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor , a laggard in the electric car market, plans to roll out a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle which will challenge Toyota's popular Prius hybrid, an official told Reuters.
"We plan to launch a plug-in hybrid model which is in the same segment as Prius in 2013," the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to talk to the media. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data