UPDATE 1-Canadian Natural restarts output at Alberta field
CALGARY, Alberta May 25 (Reuters) - Canadian Natural Resources Ltd (CNQ.TO) is restarting its 40,000 barrel a day Pelican Lake, Alberta, heavy oil field after it shut production last week due to the outage of a regional pipeline, the company's president said on Wednesday.
"We are in the process of starting up Pelican today," Canadian Natural President Steve Laut said in an email.
The company was forced to chop production at the heavy oil operation when wildfires cut power to Plains All American Pipeline LP's (PAA.N) Rainbow oil line. (Reporting by Jeffrey Jones; editing by Peter Galloway)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |