Hanks, Spacey and Chenoweth join the Queen, Obamas at dinner
LONDON (Hollywood Reporter) - "Glee"'s Kristin Chenoweth, Tom Hanks, Kevin Spacey and Helena Bonham Carter and her partner Tim Burton all made the guest list for a State Banquet at Buckingham Palace Tuesday evening.
Queen Elizabeth hosted the evening for President Obama and the First Lady Michelle Obama, inviting a glittering array of U.S. stars and British dignitaries.
In her address before dinner, the Queen is said to have mentioned that over the years the Royal family enjoyed "any number of what we call films -- and you might call movies."
The Queen is also reported to have added: " exchange of people and projects has enlarged and invigorated our common language -- although I think you will agree we don't always use it in quite the same way."
The lavish affair saw Obama in white tie and tails while the First Lady wore a shoulder-baring ivory gown by Tom Ford with full-length opera gloves.
(Editing by Chris Michaud)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South