OMV says not in talks with Libyan rebel council
VIENNA (Reuters) - OMV is not holding talks with a council of Libyan rebels trying to overthrow the rule of Muammar Gaddafi, the Austrian energy group said.
"OMV is currently not in talks with the National Transitional Council," a company spokesman said on Wednesday in an email answer to a query.
He was responding to a Reuters report on Tuesday that Italy's Eni SpA and other oil companies were in continuous talks with the Libyan rebels about setting up a new National Oil Company, according to an Italian ministerial source.
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions