OMV says not in talks with Libyan rebel council
VIENNA (Reuters) - OMV is not holding talks with a council of Libyan rebels trying to overthrow the rule of Muammar Gaddafi, the Austrian energy group said.
"OMV is currently not in talks with the National Transitional Council," a company spokesman said on Wednesday in an email answer to a query.
He was responding to a Reuters report on Tuesday that Italy's Eni SpA and other oil companies were in continuous talks with the Libyan rebels about setting up a new National Oil Company, according to an Italian ministerial source.
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow