Tribal leader says Saleh will leave Yemen barefoot
SANAA May 26 (Reuters) - A key Yemeni tribal leader said on Thursday there was no chance for mediation with President Ali Abdullah Saleh and vowed the entrenched leader would leave the country barefoot.
"No mediation works with Ali Abdullah Saleh, Ali Abdullah Saleh is a liar, liar, liar," Sadiq al-Ahmar, the leader of the Hashed tribal federation, told Reuters.
"We are firm. He will leave this country barefoot." (Reporting by Khaled al-Mahdy; Writing by Cynthia Johnston)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia