RPT-German to double renewables share by 2020 - document
(Repeats to chain to snaps with no change to text)
BERLIN May 30 (Reuters) - Germany plans to double the share of renewable energy in power production to 35 percent by 2020 and its goal of reducing greenhouse by 40 percent in the same timeframe remains in place, according to a government paper.
The paper, obtained by Reuters on Monday, sets out the strategy for securing energy supplies as it exits nuclear power by 2022. It also said Germany planned to cut electricity usage by 10 percent by 2020. (Reporting by Markus Wacket and Annika Breidthardt)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote