Soccer-CONCACAF says Blazer remains general secretary
MIAMI May 31 (Reuters) - CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer remained in charge and an attempt by the acting president to remove him from office was "unauthorised", said a statement from the regional soccer governing body on Tuesday.
The statement came after a letter from CONCACAF acting president Lisle Austin told Blazer he was "terminated as general secretary of CONCACAF with immediate effect."
(Writing by Simon Evans, editing by Ken Ferris; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details