- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
UPDATE 1-Hulu to show Miramax films under multi-year pact
* Hulu to show films like Pulp Fiction, Scream as part of deal
* Financial terms not disclosed (Follows alerts)
June 1 (Reuters) - Film studio Miramax and Internet video company Hulu signed a multi-year agreement to bring films made by the studio to some Hulu subscribers.
Hulu Plus subscribers, who get access to some premium content, will be able to watch films like Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting and Scream, as part of the agreement.
Hulu, jointly owned by Comcast , News Corp and Walt Disney Co , is a subscription service that offers streaming videos of TV shows and movies.
"Making our films available via premium digital distribution channels is extremely important to Miramax," Mike Lang, CEO of Miramax, said in a statement.
No financial terms of the agreement were disclosed.
Earlier this month, Miramax signed a similar deal with movie rental service Netflix Inc . [ID:nWNAB9083}
Miramax, which was a unit of Walt Disney until late last year, was sold to a consortium that included construction magnate Ron Tutor and investment firm Colony Capital LLC. [ID:nSGE66T07I] (Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this