UPDATE 1-CWB profit rises, lifted by loan growth
TORONTO, June 2
TORONTO, June 2 (Reuters) - Canadian Western Bank (CWB.TO) said on Thursday its quarterly profit rose on the back of loan growth and improved net interest margins.
Net income in the fiscal second quarter ended April 30 rose to C$44.4 million, or 53 Canadian cents a share, from a year-earlier profit of C$37.9 million, or 48 Canadian cents.
"Overall credit quality continued to improve and we expect this positive trend will be maintained as the economy strengthens further," said CWB's Chief Executive Larry Pollock in a statement. (Reporting by Euan Rocha)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea