- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Motor racing-Bahrain GP to go ahead this year - circuit chairman
LONDON, June 3 |
LONDON, June 3 (Reuters) - The Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix, postponed in March due to violent civil unrest, will go ahead this year, the chairman of the country's Sakhir circuit said in a statement on Friday.
Bahrain International Circuit head Zayed R Alzayani did not mention a date, however.
"On behalf of Bahrain, I would like to thank (F1 supremo) Bernie Ecclestone, (FIA president) Jean Todt and the FIA and the rest of the motorsport community for the support and understanding they have extended to us this year," he said. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Kevin Fylan; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this