Motor racing-Bahrain GP to go ahead this year - circuit chairman
LONDON, June 3
LONDON, June 3 (Reuters) - The Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix, postponed in March due to violent civil unrest, will go ahead this year, the chairman of the country's Sakhir circuit said in a statement on Friday.
Bahrain International Circuit head Zayed R Alzayani did not mention a date, however.
"On behalf of Bahrain, I would like to thank (F1 supremo) Bernie Ecclestone, (FIA president) Jean Todt and the FIA and the rest of the motorsport community for the support and understanding they have extended to us this year," he said. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Kevin Fylan; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |