Sharp: talks stall on advanced panel output in China
TOKYO Jun 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Friday that talks have stalled on its plans to build a cutting-edge plant in China to make liquid crystal display (LCD) panels.
Plans to build 8th-generation and 10th-generation LCD production lines, which use larger substrates and thus yield more panels and reduce costs, have ground to a halt, Sharp President Mikio Katayama told reporters in Tokyo. (Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped