Sharp: talks stall on advanced panel output in China
TOKYO Jun 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Friday that talks have stalled on its plans to build a cutting-edge plant in China to make liquid crystal display (LCD) panels.
Plans to build 8th-generation and 10th-generation LCD production lines, which use larger substrates and thus yield more panels and reduce costs, have ground to a halt, Sharp President Mikio Katayama told reporters in Tokyo. (Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Apple, Facebook results buoy world shares