Sharp: talks stall on advanced panel output in China
TOKYO Jun 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Friday that talks have stalled on its plans to build a cutting-edge plant in China to make liquid crystal display (LCD) panels.
Plans to build 8th-generation and 10th-generation LCD production lines, which use larger substrates and thus yield more panels and reduce costs, have ground to a halt, Sharp President Mikio Katayama told reporters in Tokyo. (Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Russia's Putin accuses U.S. of damaging world order