Sharp: talks stall on advanced panel output in China
TOKYO Jun 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Friday that talks have stalled on its plans to build a cutting-edge plant in China to make liquid crystal display (LCD) panels.
Plans to build 8th-generation and 10th-generation LCD production lines, which use larger substrates and thus yield more panels and reduce costs, have ground to a halt, Sharp President Mikio Katayama told reporters in Tokyo. (Reporting by Reiji Murai; Writing by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?