Tennis-Open-Federer reaches final by ending Djokovic run
PARIS, June 3
PARIS, June 3 (Reuters) - Roger Federer set up a French Open final with champion Rafa Nadal after ending Novak Djokovic's winning streak of 41 matches in 2011 with a 7-6 6-3 3-6 7-6 victory on Friday.
The Swiss third seed also stopped the Serb from taking over as world number one as Djokovic failed in his quest to equal John McEnroe's 1984 record of 42 wins since the start of the season.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport