Treasury says to raise $20.4 mln on Webster warrants
WASHINGTON, June 3
WASHINGTON, June 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department on Friday said it expected to raise $20.4 million from the sale of 3.3 million warrants to purchase shares of Webster Financial Corp (WBS.N).
"These proceeds provide an additional return to the American taxpayers from Treasury's investment in the company beyond the dividend payment it received on the related preferred stock," Treasury said in a statement.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ