Treasury says to raise $20.4 mln on Webster warrants
WASHINGTON, June 3
WASHINGTON, June 3 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department on Friday said it expected to raise $20.4 million from the sale of 3.3 million warrants to purchase shares of Webster Financial Corp (WBS.N).
"These proceeds provide an additional return to the American taxpayers from Treasury's investment in the company beyond the dividend payment it received on the related preferred stock," Treasury said in a statement.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Russia warns U.S. against arms to Ukraine as Biden due in Kiev