Sony Pictures confirms hacking of its websites
(Reuters) - Sony Pictures Entertainment confirmed late Friday evening that some of its websites were breached and it was working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to identify the attackers.
Sony Pictures, a unit of Sony, said it had begun an internal investigation into the breach.
On Thursday, a hacker group calling itself LulzSec said it broke into servers that run Sony Pictures Entertainment websites.
The breach is the latest of several security breaches undermining confidence in the company.
(Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore, Editing by Jonathan Thatcher)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin