Sony Pictures confirms hacking of its websites
(Reuters) - Sony Pictures Entertainment confirmed late Friday evening that some of its websites were breached and it was working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to identify the attackers.
Sony Pictures, a unit of Sony, said it had begun an internal investigation into the breach.
On Thursday, a hacker group calling itself LulzSec said it broke into servers that run Sony Pictures Entertainment websites.
The breach is the latest of several security breaches undermining confidence in the company.
(Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore, Editing by Jonathan Thatcher)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program