Sony Pictures confirms hacking of its websites
(Reuters) - Sony Pictures Entertainment confirmed late Friday evening that some of its websites were breached and it was working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to identify the attackers.
Sony Pictures, a unit of Sony, said it had begun an internal investigation into the breach.
On Thursday, a hacker group calling itself LulzSec said it broke into servers that run Sony Pictures Entertainment websites.
The breach is the latest of several security breaches undermining confidence in the company.
(Reporting by Abhiram Nandakumar in Bangalore, Editing by Jonathan Thatcher)
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX