UPDATE 1-LaSalle to buy, renovate New York's Park Central
NEW YORK, June 6
NEW YORK, June 6 (Reuters) - LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO.N) is buying the Park Central Hotel in midtown Manhattan and plans to renovate the 934-room hotel next year.
LaSalle, a real estate investment trust that owns upscale, full-service hotels, said on Monday it would finance the $405.5 million deal in part with the net proceeds from a stock sale in April.
LaSalle said it would spend between $30 million and $35 million to renovate the hotel, located near New York landmarks such as Carnegie Hall and Central Park. The renovations should start in 2012, it said.
The hotel will still be managed by Highgate Holdings. (Reporting by Phil Wahba, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study