Sony sees brisk sales of new handheld games device
LOS ANGELES, June 7
LOS ANGELES, June 7 (Reuters) - Sony Corp (SNE.N) <6758.T expects its new handheld games device to sell faster than its predecessor, despite the explosive growth of mobile gaming on smartphones and tablets, the company's No. 2 executive said on Tuesday.
"If we were able to hit that 70 million mark for PlayStation Portable, we want to exceed that both in terms of numbers and timing to get to that number," Sony's Kazuo Hirai said in an interview on the sidelines of the E3 games convention in Los Angeles.
The company aims to make a profit on hardware sales of the new PlayStation Vita handheld in less than three years, Hirai added.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds, editing by Bernard Orr)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea